Our culture is built around our people. Voted a Best Place to Work in New York State by our employees, we are committed to advancing careers and providing a foundation for professional growth. Urban offers a wide range of health, welfare and financial benefits to our employees, as well as career development through our own Urban Training Institute, tuition assistance program, and certification incentives.
Founded in 1960, Urban provides services for buildings, ports, transit, railroads, airports, bridges, and highways. We specialize in engineering design, environmental, planning, construction services, and program management. By providing innovation, technical excellence, and on-time performance, we create value for a proud Urban family.
The Construction Manager will perform on-site construction management services for Aviation and Facility projects in NYC. Candidate will perform day to day management of construction inspection and office engineering staff. The work includes serving in a prominent role on the Delta Airfield Reconfiguration Project that is being executed under a Tenant Alteration Agreement to the PANYNJ for delivery of the project. The candidate will serve as a project liaison to the LGA Program Manager and other ongoing major aviation projects. .
Assistant Construction Manager Responsibilities:
• Responsible for managing the office engineering functions on a given project, including correspondence, submittals, logs, change orders and other documents as required
• Provide quality control and assurance services for our clients in a lead field role on construction projects
• Responsible for supervising a field inspection staff to document the contractor’s progress and compliance with contract documents
• Maintain continuing liaison with new and perspective client managers during the construction project
• Be involved in the administration, accounting and invoicing of the project with the home office, and the client, including client payment
• Maintain certifications of the individual and staff to satisfy the needs of our clients
• Work with the Construction Manager and client Project Managers in the management of the project
• Attend and supervise meetings with LGA Management, Delta and other PANYNJ Disciplines.
• Assist in the hiring and training off staff to support the client’s needs
• Involvement in professional organizations
• Perform other professional duties related to engineering work as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture or related field is required
• A minimum of 15 years of experience in construction management, inspection and engineering; preferably on complex aviation transportation, infrastructure, facilities and or roadway projects.
• Candidate must have leadership qualities and be capable of supervising construction inspection and office engineering staff.
• A New York PE or RA license is preferred.
• Ability to pass OSHA 30 is necessary
• Rigorous background checks are required to access air side properties along with a valid driver’s license
• Excellent verbal and written skills
Please include a PDF or Word Document Version of your resume.